huh?

This blog is all the crafts i have seen from other crafters that i want to make.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Paint Chip Mural

Paint Chip Mosaic Artwork.
Supplies:

Plywood or a pine panel (my board is 20x20 inches)
Paint chips
Spray adhesive
Acrylic paint
Mod Podge Matte-Mat
Stain


Instructions:

I began by painting the sides and edges of my board black. I used a pine panel, because I had it cut out to use for a frame already, but plywood or MDF would also work. (For some reason, I began this project at nightfall, so the photos are on the dark side.)



Here is my paint chip collection, but you could easily cut squares of scrapbook paper for a similar effect. To get the randomness right, I simply shuffled the chips several times like a deck of cards:



I laid out the cards to get an idea of spacing:



The next step is to simply spray a line of adhesive and stick on the paint chip squares. Now repeat, again, and again:



See? All finished! Now, let this dry well. Go over it once in awhile to smooth any edges that might begin to come unstuck.



Once the adhesive was dry, I touched up any sticky spots on the painted edges with more paint to even out the color.

Now, apply 3 coats of Matte Mod Podge to get a nice smooth surface.



Let dry overnight, then rub stain over the whole piece with a rag. Make sure to really get it into all the cracks and seams so they look darker and defined.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers