huh?

This blog is all the crafts i have seen from other crafters that i want to make.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

W Tray

This was a fun little project. I took an ordinary frame that I got on clearance for a couple of dollars It was deeper than a normal frame, not quite as deep as a shadow box, but deep enough that I was able to add some material and some buttons underneath the glass.

Then I took two extra large unfinished wood letters. I used W's, but I think you could get M's to work depending on the font of the wooden letter.
I covered the letter with scrapbook paper using Mod Podge. Then I inked the edges of the letter and applied a couple of coats of mod podge on top of the letters and paper.

I attached the letters to the bottom of the frame using E6000 and then I screwed small screws from the inside back of the frame down into the tops of the wooden letters.

I took a dowel and attached it with screws along the backside of the W's and then covered the screws with buttons.
I painted the dowels and the backside of the letters a cream color to match my frame. Then I ended up with this handy dandy lap tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers