huh?

This blog is all the crafts i have seen from other crafters that i want to make.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

faux canvas

My supplies:
12x12 photos
12x12 boards
black spray paint
Mod Podge
Foam brush
Sand paper
Drill
Screw (to hang photo on)

I started with a 3/4" 2x2 birch plywood board and cut it into four 12x12 squares.

Then I spray painted the edges black. I also wanted a little on the front of the board in case my photo didn't quite cover the entire surface.
Then I flipped the board over and drilled a hole in the back so it would hang flush against the wall.
Then I got out my handy dandy Mod Podge and a foam brush and painted the surface of the wood. I set the photo on the board and smoothed it out. After it was dry, I sanded the edges of the photo to help make them more flush with the edge of the board. Then I took my foam brush and painted over the photo in a horizontal motion with more glue. Before the glue dried I painted in a vertical motion (without applying anymore glue this time). This gives the photo a great canvas texture.

be careful about how much glue gets on the brush. It's can be thicker in some places and wont dry evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers