huh?

This blog is all the crafts i have seen from other crafters that i want to make.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

etched jars



So, I gathered my jars (3 PB, and 2 cool salsa) and got to work.




I started by spray painting the lids with my cool "brushed nickel" spray.......but I will definitely NOT be putting these into the dishwasher (hint, hint). I will only be wiping these clean with a damp cloth since I don't know how they would hold up. Also, make sure the paint is only on the outside, so it doesn't touch the food :)



Next, I used my vinyl cutter to cut out my labels and then stuck them onto the jars.



As Martha shows, you can also get some alphabet stickers and blue tape and do it this way. It works great too!

But, whatever way you do it, try to apply the letters with tweezers, so they don't get oils from your fingers and stick nice and tight to the jars.





Now get you cute jar of etching cream and a popsicle stick and slather it on, baby.......nice and thick like you are icing a cake!! I've found that a paintbrush just doesn't give the best coverage and you WANT it thick for a good etching.



I wait 5 minutes, then scoop it off the surface, back into the jar (yes, you can re-use this stuff!). Then, I apply a new coat and wait another 5 minutes.

After your 10 minutes (total time), scoop it off again and back into the jar to use again and rinse the remainder off in your sink with warm water. you want to remove the stencil/tape right away to make sure no cream is under the edges.

Now, just add your goodies, and.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers