huh?

This blog is all the crafts i have seen from other crafters that i want to make.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Pumpkins

Materials:
  • 1 funkin (faux pumpkin). I bought 3 different sized white ones at Michaels with a 40% off coupon for the large one. The orange would be okay too. Gourds would be a fun twist.
  • 1 can of Metallic Finish spray paint (Mine was from WalMart - Rust-oleum Bright Coat/silver). It takes way less than a full can.
  • 1 nearly empty can of Rust-oleum Universal Satin in Brown Hammered (or see instructions for another option).
Tutorial:
I sprayed my pumpins with the silver paint. Spray generously. If there are drips, they're unseen and towards the bottom.

Do not let silver dry - go directly to next step. My can of metallic brown was nearly empty, so it was sputtering which was perfect. I spritzed "spots" on top of the generous wet silver paint. So, both paints sort of blended. Let dry. All done! (Email me pictures! I'd love to do a slide show!)

(Note: I also tried white paint instead of the brown hammered, but it didn't give me enough contrast or the look that I wanted. If you can't "spritz/sputter" the brown...maybe try splattering with a toothbrush and metallic brown craft paint. You will have tons of paint so experiment to see what works best to achieve the look you like).

End Result:
I love my shiny faux mercury glass pumpkins. They change in different lighting. It's so easy! Let me know if you give it a shot! I'd love to see how yours turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers