huh?

This blog is all the crafts i have seen from other crafters that i want to make.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

recipe holder




It's a cutie!... This is what I did...

I purchased a 1x8x4 at Lowes and a large square dowel...




I also purchased a small craft circle...




My first step was to cut the dowel. I cut it about 11" long. I then used my Gorilla Glue Epoxy to attach the dowel to my wood circle.




I then cut my 1x8 10" long. I used the epoxy to attach the 1x8 piece to the front of the dowel.



Then I let it dry a bit...




I used my drill to put a hole in the top for the finial.




And here is was ready for paint!!!




I painted that with Rustoleum American Accents Heirloom White spray paint. After that was dry I started working on the next step.

I decided to shanty the edges up a bit with my sander and a bit of Minwax Dark Walnut stain...




I then added a bit of Ralph Lauren Smoke Glaze... You guys know the routine!!




I found this galvanized roof flashing at Lowe's...






I cut a piece just a bit smaller than the plaque I attached to the dowel.





I then used my epoxy again to attach the metal to the plaque to the wood piece. I added a silver nail in each
corner for a bit of shanty-ness!!







Now for my magnets... I used the same super cute Fleur-de-lis wood pieces that Ash used on a previous procect. I painted and glzed them the same and then used some Gorilla Glue to attach the magnets.







All finished... Now it just needs a great recipe...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers